There will be days when you cannot make it to the gym. However, do not let your obligations or holiday travel stop you from working out and achieving your ideal shape. If you want to enhance your cardiovascular system, endurance and strength while burning fat, CrossFit bodyweight workouts are what you need.
Our bodies are capable of great feats, such as lift, run, jump, and more. To do those feats without any harm, you will have to train your body more and learn different moves and procedures. There is no need to visit a gym or have fancy equipment when it comes to forming your body. All you need is your body together with will power to complete, incredible CrossFit body weight workouts so you can be fitter and stronger than ever.
Crossfit has contributed a lot to the world of fitness and health. These convenient workouts help in building muscles while improving your cardiorespiratory system. Whether you are an inquisitive exerciser or a veteran, these CrossFit bodyweight workouts are effective for both advanced and beginners. There are tons of exercises out there that you can try and you will surely find the levels that will suit your needs. Most workouts do not require any equipment so, you can perform them at home or anywhere you want to.
Crossfit Bodyweight Workouts You Can Do Anywhere
I have compiled here a list of the best crossfit bodyweight workouts that you can easily include in your daily routine. Before you start, it is important to do a warm up and have a foot massage before and after each workout.
One of the best exercises that you can do for your glutes is lunges. It also targets your calves, hamstrings, and quads. There are many ways to complete this workout with the same basic position.
1. Stand up straight and step forward with one leg. Your front knee should be directly over your ankle and your back knee should reach the floor. Your front shin should be perpendicular to the floor.
- From this position, you can alternate lunges in place. You can work forward or backward while doing lunges. Performing side lunges is also possible. Each direction targets different areas of your glutes. For best results, try different directions.
Another option is to do lunge jumps. This exercise works your glutes, hamstrings, quads, core, and calves. From the bottom of the lunge position, drive your body up using your arms. Jump and switch feet while in the air, landing in the lunge position with the opposite leg in front.
Squatting is one of the best crossfit bodyweight workouts that work your entire lower body, focusing on your calves, hamstrings, glutes, core, and quads. Here’s how to do air squats:
- Stand with your feet shoulder apart.
- Lower your glutes back and down while raising your arms out. You can also go lower if you can.
- Drive your knees out like you are screwing your feet into the floor. This will activate your glutes.
- Stand up and keep your chest lifted. Repeat this exercise.
In addition to air squats, you can also perform jumping squats. Start from a squat position with your feet wider than the width of your hip. Raise your arms behind and when you reach the bottom of your squat, raise your hands up and jump. Land with knees bent for another rep.
- 5 pull-ups
- 10 push-ups
- 15 air squats
Each minute on the minute, finish one round of work. Do all the exercises mentioned above for 30 minutes to get 150 pull-ups, 300 push-ups, and 450 squats.
- Burpee 1 set, 10 reps – Stand with legs shoulder-width apart. Place both hands on the floor and kick your legs back. You will end up with your stomach and thighs on the floor while your shoulders are bent. From this position, press up like doing push-ups. Push your hips up and jump your feet under hips then stand. To finish, jump in the air and bring both hands over the head. Repeat.
- Bodyweight Squat 1 set, 20 reps – Stand with your feet apart and place your hands behind your head. Flex your knees and hips, sitting back with your hips. As you squat, you’re your chest and head up. Continue to go down if able and reverse the motion to return to starting position.
- Sit-up 1 set, 30 reps – Lie down on the floor and place your feet under something to keep them from moving. Your legs have to be bent at the knees. Place both hands behind your head and clasp your fingers. This will be your starting position. Elevate your upper body to create an imaginary V-shape with your thighs. As you feel the contraction, lower your upper body back down and return to starting position.
- 1 mile run (1.6 km)
- 100 pull-ups
- 200 push-ups
- 300 squats
- 1 mile run
These are basic exercises, pull-ups, squats, and push-ups combined with 3.2 kilometers or 2 miles of running. This workout is a great test of fitness. Record the time it took you to finish all the reps.
Another excellent crossfit bodyweight workout is pistol squats. This exercise is completed on one leg.
- Put our weight on your left heel and raise your right leg up. You can hold on to your right foot to maintain balance.
- Lower down slowly as you drive your butt back and down. This will work your mobility, balance and stabilizer muscles. It focuses on glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves. You can also hold on to something as you squat.
- Do it on the other leg.
One of the best crossfit bodyweight workouts is mountain climbers. It works on your shoulders, arms, and core. You can easily do this exercise at home, work or anywhere you want to.
- Start in a push-up position, hands pressing into the ground and abs tight.
- Bring one knee up to your chest while contracting your core.
- Tap the toe on the ground. Bring it back down to the starting position and switch to the next foot rapidly.
- Keep on alternating your feet while maintaining your form.