Contrary to popular opinion, healthy eating does not mean that you have to starve yourself. It only means that you have to eat in a sensible way to ensure that your body gets the quantity of food it requires.
There are some proper eating habits that provide more energy to your body, and this is what you will read in this article.
- Right frequency of meals: Start your day with a wholesome breakfast that makes you feel energetic. Have small nutritious meals throughout the day at regular intervals to make sure that you are never short of energy. Here, it is recommended that you avoid having 3 large meals in a day.
- Consume vital foods: Add complex carbohydrates in your daily diet as they are good energy boosters. These include foods such as oatmeal and whole wheat pita bread. Ensure that your staple diet has the required quantity of proteins, which give energy to the body. Foods like fish, chicken, and beans, are all excellent source of proteins. Also, consumption of foods rich in iron contributes greatly to energy.
- Consume green vegetables and fruits: Include green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits in your every day diet and feel the difference in your energy.
- Avoid some foods: Do not consume foods like refined sugar, white flour and white rice, as they cause blood sugar fluctuations. This in turn causes your energy level to rise and fall intermittently. Refrain from having processed and packaged foods too.
When it is the question of having food to gain energy, fats (except omega 3) are best avoided. They get digested slowly and deplete your energy level. When you want to have extra energy, stay away from junk foods. They very quickly drain the energy and make you feel exhausted.
- Avoid dehydration: Ensure that you are hydrated throughout the day. Drink plenty of water without waiting to feel thirsty as this contributes greatly to the energy level of your body.
- Limit caffeinated beverages: If you consume coffee in excess, it overburdens the liver as well as causes dehydration. So, for having more energy, consume caffeinated beverages like coffee, only in moderation.
- Minimize alcohol consumption: It is important that you take alcohol only in limited amounts, as it leads to both dehydration and excess appetite. Both of these are hindrances to feeling energized.
- Follow energy food recipes: There are several energy food recipes that are helpful to enhance the energy levels of your body. Follow any of these recipes and it won’t be long before your body starts to feel more energetic. Here are 2 simple recipes that will help you.
Recipe 1- Oatmeal with Toppings
This is a good breakfast recipe that gives you the energy needed for the day.
- Take 1 bowl of oatmeal.
- Add ½ cup each of apple pieces and almond slivers in the oatmeal
- Mix well.
- Now add 1 tbsp of cinnamon to it and again blend it properly.
- Your energy-providing breakfast is now ready.
Low Sugar Granola
This is one more reliable breakfast recipe for you which works as an energy-booster. Go with the recipe and you will not be disappointed.
- Take 1 bowl of rolled oats.
- Add ½ cup of apple juice in it and mix properly.
- Now add ½ cup of dried fruits and again mix well.
- Then bake the mixture at about 320 degrees, stirring it repeatedly.
- Do that until the crust is ready.
Suzanne Collins is the founder of www.1800remedies.com, which offers Natural home remedies for all the day to day health issues in our life. I am not a doctor by any means, I want to spread knowledge on natural home remedies that it is easy to use with no side effects and give healthy Life style to My Family and people around the world.