As the leaves begin to shed and all that’s left of the trees are twigs and branches, you know you should be restocking on your Fall and Winter skincare essentials right now, if you don’t want the chilly winds to get ahead of you, that is.
Here are 13 ways to give your skin the best care this Fall:
- Essential Oils. These natural oils are able to penetrate your skin deeply and well. Incorporate an almond oil, olive oil or virgin coconut oil into your regimen this cold season and find out how well and fast it can be easily incorporated into your skin without leaving your skin surface greasy. Essential oils will keep your skin moisturized over longer periods of time.
- Essences. Keep your skin well-nourished. Make sure that your skin is not only moisturized but also gets all the beneficial ingredients that it can derive from a topical skincare solution, from antioxidants to peptides to various other vitamins and minerals to keep your skin healthy.
- Moisturizer. Beat the dry, cold environment of Fall with a good moisturizer. If you have mature skin, make yours anti-aging, such as Illumaneau or a similar deeply hydrating product. Some of the most beneficial skin ingredients you can get from an anti-aging cream are antioxidants, peptides, retinols, emollients and other skin conditioning agents.
- Self-Warming Serum Moisturizer. If you’re planning to go out on a cold weather, make sure you put on additional protection for your skin with a self-warming serum moisturizer that protects your skin from freezing in the cold. It is one of the best skin care products you should fold into your regimen come Fall.
- Eye cream. If you have aging skin, you better have an eye cream or you’ll risk your eye skin from drying out. Make sure that your eye cream contains highly concentrated ingredients similar to that of your anti-aging moisturizer.
- Sunscreen. Just because you are seeing less sun than in summer means that there are no UVs to worry about damaging your skin. Keep your skin protected throughout the colder months with sunscreen.
- Coldscreen. Don’t brave the cold. Temperatures that are too cold damage your skin too. Be guilt free whenever you need to go outdoors with a coldscreen on. These products help keep you warm and protect skin from drying by adding a layer on your skin that keeps the cold out.
- Facial exfoliants. You will continue to have to exfoliate regularly throughout the cold season, even in Winter. In fact, you may need to exfoliate more frequently as dry skin builds up and your skin is stripped of its natural moisture. Exfoliate with alpha hydroxy acids that gently lift and eliminate dead skin cells so that your products can better keep your skin well nourished and moisturized.
- Thermal Scrubs. Pamper the rest of your body with the warm, gentle exfoliating action of a thermal scrub. Rid your skin of dirt, flaky skin and impurities to allow newer, younger, better moisturized skin to surface.
- Warming facial masks. Dryness is your skin’s worst enemy when the weather gets colder. The heat and moisturizing power from a warming facial mask causes your skin to be renewed and rejuvenated. A mask treatment right at home deeply nourishes and moisturizes your skin so that it can effectively beat the skin drying action of the cold, chilly weather.
- Self-Warming foot scrub. Keep your feet warm and clean. A nice foot soak can help take off dead skin and calluses so that the moisturizing power of your foot lotion can work up your skin, moisturize it and protect it from drying.
- Lip balm. Don’t forget that just as an Illumaneau or a similar skin moisturizer is a requirement to keep your skin well nourished this Fall, your lips require a deeply nourishing lip balm to keep from drying too.
- Humidifier. Well, this last one isn’t exactly one of the best skincare products for Fall but, it is essential for your skin to stay healthy and well moisturized. A humidifier keeps the surrounding air at your home filled with water vapor so your skin does not dry out.
As the warm summer nights turn into colder weather in the coming weeks, you can start giving your skincare routine a quick review so that it will meet and greet the new season all prepared and ready to take the beating of the chilly winds.
Lisiana is a renowned independent researcher with The Beauty Insiders and is studying the impact of technology in the beauty industry. She is passionate about beauty, makeup, fashion and skincare industry. She holds a Ph.D. in beauty and thereby has been consistently sharing her experience by writing various articles related to makeup, beauty, fashion and skin care. She has been writing on beauty and skin care related topics from past 10 years.