In the wellness realm, more and more city dwellers are looking for ways to fight toxicity caused by modern living. While most people resort to a detox program to support weight loss or to reset their bodies after a vacation or celebration, many are choosing to take detox, anti-parasite or anti-microbial supplements for ongoing repair and restoration.
If you have been chronically ill or feel generally energy-deficient, detoxification can purge disease-causing elements (pathogens, parasites, heavy metals) from your organs and help cope with cellular damage caused by environmental and lifestyle factors. Here are some insights that will help you make an informed decision when choosing a detox solution.
Are antimicrobial supplements any good?
Quality anti-parasitic supplements are a natural and safer alternative to prescription medication, which often includes antibiotics. A good supplement made with natural ingredients can help ward off a parasite infestation, remove toxins and strengthen immunity.
Some ancient herbs well-researched for their detox action are turmeric, neem oil, garlic, ginger, rhubarb, papaya seeds, mimosa pudica, peppermint, fennel seeds, cloves, barberry root, aloe vera, and senna leaf. In addition, bioactive carbon is being increasingly used as an effective natural remedy for toxin accumulation. It has been shown to promote digestive health and eliminate biotoxins such as candida, fungus, and ammonia.
You can consume many of these herbs in raw form (turmeric tea or aloe juice, for example) or opt for a more convenient alternative such as a ready-to-pop daily supplement that you can have on the go. For working professionals and homemakers with busy lives, it can be difficult to consistently rely on home-cooked food and beverages, which is why many choose to improve their wellbeing with a reliable supplement.
If you believe in the healing power of nature, you may like to check out this post from PhilandMama.com for effective tips to eliminate parasites in your body. Adopting an anti-parasitic diet along with herbal support will help flush and fortify your system against microbial infections.
How to choose a good supplement when choices abound?
Indeed, there are too many choices in the market, and for a first-timer, it can be confusing to pick a quality product with just the right ingredients that will help improve their quality of life. Here are three tips to help you find a good antimicrobial/detoxifying supplement.
- Determine the type of support you need. For instance, if you feel excessively fatigued for no apparent reason, it could be caused by a sluggish gut and poor immunity. A detox formula would be helpful in that case. If you have problems with digestion, you would need a digestive support formula. Similarly, there are detox solutions that target a specific organ (kidneys, liver or colon detox) or process. If confused, start with a good general detox formula containing potent detoxifiers.
- Know the ingredients and what each one can do for your body. Before buying any kind of supplement for yourself or a loved one, educate yourself about the ingredients and how they interact with the human body. Check the manufacturer’s website: if they provide detailed product information supported by research, it’s a sign they know what they’re doing.
- Find a trusted brand where products are manufactured based on scientific research and evidence. This ensures that you’re not just buying any herbal remedy but a wholesome product made to stringent specifications.
What is a detox protocol, and should I consider one?
A detox protocol or program is generally made up of several different products with each playing a specific role in enhancing your wellness. The combination of formulas is designed to target different problems in the body and eliminate the causes responsible for those problems. In a good detox protocol, the ingredients work in tandem to prepare the body for deep detoxification, to eliminate toxins jeopardizing your health and to restore your body to its natural state of wellbeing.
You may or may not choose a detox protocol, but if you’re looking to resolve your health problems naturally and safely, a good detox program can be helpful in the following ways.
- Systematic and time-bound detoxification consistently provides your body the energy and means to flush out pollutants.
- Natural ingredients empower the body at the cellular level to regain its inherent repair and healing capabilities.
- A science-backed formula cleanses your system, boosts microbiome health and improves energy and mood, improving your day-to-day life.
- Kidney, liver and intestinal detoxification collectively restore your health to a state long forgotten, empowering you to take better care of yourself.