Staying fit is one of the most important goals of our lives. If you look at the fitness industry, it is very easy to get overwhelmed by the numerous options. Everyone claims that their option is unique and effective but it is always hard to choose the right option for you. However, you can always take the traditional route to stay fit. Apparently, You don’t have to hit the gym to stay fit. You can achieve your desired level of fitness by working out at home or outside in nature with or without sophisticated workout equipment.
Today I am going to share a home workout plan which is very easy to follow without getting out of your home. Don’t get stressed if you are a beginner. This home workout plan is very simple and you can adjust the reps according to your endurance level. You won’t need sophisticated workout equipment for these exercises but having some of them always helps. If you are not sure which equipment or model will best suit your needs, you may check these workout equipment reviews on stuffoholics. Let’s get back to our main point, which is how to create a home workout plan with or without equipment.
Note: Before starting, I want to mention, no matter what objective you are planning to achieve by working out (For example; losing weight, staying fit, bodybuilding), just doing exercise is not enough. You have to be conscious of your eating habits too.
Full Body Home Workout Plan
You have to do the following exercise in a circuit fashion to get the optimal outcome. It means that you have to move on to the next exercise after completing one without a break (of course, if you are able to do so). After completing one whole circuit you can take a short break to catch your breath and then start again.
Bodyweight Squat (20 Reps)
- Stand with your feet at shoulder width. You can place your hands behind your head. This will make the squat hard for you. Don’t worry if you can’t do that now. You will get to that later after a couple of weeks.
- Now start to flex your knees and hips. Go down full. Your knees should be slightly open. Don’t spread your legs too wide or too low.
- Now, go reverse. Stand up to your starting position. Do 20 reps.
Push up (10 Reps)
- Get on the floor on your 4 hands and legs.
- Place your hands on the floor at shoulder width. Placing them too wide will make your push up less effective.
- Make sure that you keep a straight line with your neck, waist, and legs.
- Get your chest closer to the floor.
- Push up to your starting position and do the whole process again. If it is too hard, you can do half push up. Instead of getting down on your hands and toes, get down on your hands and knees.
Walking lunges (20 Reps)
- Stand on your feet with shoulder width. Place your hands on your hips.
- Flex your one knee by stepping forward. Lower your other knee close to the ground. Your upright posture should be normal. You can make this more difficult by placing your hands behind your head.
- Now, stand on your feet and do the same with the other knee.
- Do 20 reps.
Dumbbell rows (10 Reps)
- Stand beside the edge of a bed, sofa or anything similar.
- Place your right knee and right arm on the edge of the bed or sofa while standing on the other foot.
- Now grab a dumbbell with your left hand. You can use milk jars filled with water or sand if you don’t have dumbbells.
- Now, lift the weight till your elbow reaches your bodyline. Lift the weight 10 times.
- Now, do the same thing with your right arm by placing left arm and knee on the sofa or bed, whatever you prefer. Lift the weight same times you did with the other hand.
Plank (15 to 20 seconds)
- Get on your four hands and feets similar to the starting position of pushups.
- Now squeeze your glutes and abdominal muscles. Keep your neck neutral.
- Keep a strong straight line with your head, spine, and legs.
- Now, stay in this position for 15 to 20 seconds. If this is too hard, you can do a half plank. Instead of hands, get on your elbows to do the planks.
Ab Roll (10 to 15 Reps)
For this exercise, you will need an Ab wheel machine. This is great for toning your abdominal muscles.
- Get on your knees on the floor.
- Now, hold the ab roller on the floor and make your core strong. Your spine should be in a cat position, not a cow. A cat position is when you are aching your spine inwards which means your back should bulge outwards.
- now, hold a strong position and roll forward with the ab machine.
- Then roll back without losing the core position.
- Do not roll or roll back with your arm or knees. You should feel the burn in your abdominal muscles if you do it correctly. Do 10 to 15 reps if possible.
This is a full body workout plan which might take 30 minutes each day. Do not worry, if you can’t do the reps at first as I mentioned. Things will get easier and you will certainly feel it.
Working out alone is not sufficient to get a healthy and fit body. Your food intake matters a lot. I don’t mean that you have to count every calorie you take. It is a foolish thing to depend only on the calorie intake number. The quality of the food also matters a lot. Generally, the rule of thumb is, do not eat or drink fake foods. Eat only real foods. By real foods I mean, foods that grow naturally on soil and can be found in nature.
If you are focusing on losing weight, you can choose a diet mental model to follow. Paleo diet, Keto diet, Intermittent fasting, OMAD plan are the popular options. Choose any one of these. The main rule is, always burn more calories than your intake if you want to lose weight.
1. It is also important to take care of the nutritional requirements of your body to ensure proper health. You can take pre-workout supplements or other nutritional supplements if you feel the need. Taking pre-workout supplements can enhance your endurance level during workout sessions. Supplemania has reviewed the most performing pre-workout supplements available on the market.
2. If you are focusing on building muscles, intermittent fasting is a good diet option to follow. It is a safe and trusted diet plan. It enables your body to release certain hormones to burn fat and ensure muscle growth.
3. It is better to do short time workouts consistently than doing a long workout followed by laziness. Remember, will power is a limited resource. Do not spend it all at once.
4. Stay motivated by establishing realistic goals. Do not worry if you can’t achieve your goals at first, work your way up to the ladder, you will certainly achieve it if you are persistent enough.
5. Take a sufficient amount of water. Keep your body hydrated throughout the day.
Staying fit is very crucial for having a happy life. Taking care of your health is the best gift you give to yourself. You will thank yourselves later.