Allow Instant Pot to Take Care of Your Dinner
Cooking made easier with the Instant Pot
If you usually say you’re not good at cooking, it’s probably because you don’t have the time, space or appliances to prepare restaurant-like meals at home. However, you only need one device to take away all these troubles – the Instant Pot. Cooking healthy homemade food in a variety of ways, without taking up too much kitchen space, has never been so easy and convenient.
Instant Pot – All Functions in One
Instant Pot is a universal, multi-purpose kitchen appliance, which combines the functions of many other devices. It features a timer, various settings to adjust the temperature according to your needs, and the following basic cooking modes:
- Slow Cooker;
- Pressure Cooker;
- Rice Cooker;
- Yogurt Maker;
Other Instant Pot modes available in some models also allow you to make eggs or cakes –> check out this super simple chocolate cake recipe. However, if you want to go further and make a cake for a special occasion, try using cake molds or spring form pans right in the Instant Pot.
Some people also use the Instant Pot as a sterilizer since it can heat up to the temperature high enough to kill almost all harmful microorganisms.
Another time-saving feature is that there is no more need to defrost products in advance – you can leave it to the Instant Pot, which will first defrost frozen food and then start cooking it immediately.
You can even connect some Instant Pot models to your smart phone or tablet using the Bluetooth and control the cooking time remotely.
Choosing the Right Size of the Instant Pot
Instant Pots are available in several sizes, so you can choose one depending on the number of portions you usually cook at once:
- Choose the 3-quart size for two or three people;
- The 5-quart and 6-quart sizes are a good option for families of four to six;
- Finally, the 8-quart one is what you need to cook for families with six or more people.
Again, even the largest Instant Pot will take much less space in your kitchen than lots of other separate appliances and less kitchenware to wash after.
Stay Healthy with Instant Pot
The Instant Pot is also a must-have appliance for those who have always wanted to start eating healthy. Using such cooking program as pressure cooking, for example, you can easily steam the vegetables instead of boiling them and be sure they’ll keep all nutrients and natural flavors.
Furthermore, the steam that surrounds the food will prevent it from being oxidized by exposure to air.
The Instant Pot has many safety mechanisms, so there is practically no chance of exploding, melting or overheating. Of course, provided that you follow the instructions. In particular, the following:
- Automatic lid lock prevents you from opening the device while it’s still under pressure;
- After the cooking process is finished, the pressure can be released two ways: naturally, by allowing it about 20 minutes to depressurize, or manually, by opening the steam valve. This way is advisable if you don’t want to overcook your vegetables or seafood;
- An anti-block shield separates ingredients inside the Instant Pot from the steam release valve;
- Automatic temperature control feature allows the Instant Pot to adjust the temperature throughout the cooking time to avoid burning. There are several temperature ranges available for each of the Instant Pot cooking modes.
Easy and Quick Instant Pot Recipes to Try
Since the Instant Pot offers so many cooking programs and options, it’ll not take long to cook various meals to anyone’s taste – from usual soups and mashed potatoes to restaurant-worthy dishes like chicken stew, rice pudding, risotto or lasagna.
Fancy some Indian food tonight, but don’t want to go outside? You may treat your beloved ones at home with one of those simple yet satisfying Instant Pot Indian recipes: Veggie Curry, Chicken Tikka Masala, Basmati Rice, etc. With the Instant Pot, Indian food lovers can be sure that the rice is cooked perfectly and save time and effort as they only need one device to do all the work.
Feel hungry now? Then you should absolutely get yourself the Instant Pot.