Everyone knows that leg day is intense; there is sweat and sometimes even tears. The results are beautiful.
The question remains. Are you able to do leg day at home? The answer is ‘YES!’. You do not need major weight lifting machines and fully serviced gym equipment to have powerful and strong legs. Here is a quick guide to getting powerful leg gains at home!
At home leg day!
Believe it or not, you can genuinely power up your legs and get them toned as well as powerful, without a gym contract or sweating it out in a gym. With a few cost-effective at-home solutions, your legs will be pumped in no time.
All you need to get started for leg strength training are:
- Well-supported sneakers for impact absorption and to evenly disperse your weight as you workout at home.
- A set of booty bands like the ones at https://victoremgear.com/products/booty-bands
- A non-slip exercise mat
- And finally, a set of kettlebells or weights if you want to kick your training up a notch.
Try these excellent leg exercises
Booty Banded Lunge
These lunges work your hip abductors and adductors, as well as your glutes and are great for leg day.
- Place a booty band around your thighs
- Stand straight with your core engaged, step forward with your left foot
- Lower your right knee to the ground; your left knee bent at 90 degrees
- Driving the hip up to standing, bring your feet together
- Lunge forward with the right foot, engage your core and lower your leg knee
- Repeat each side for ten reps each
These powerhouses work your calves and quads.
- Stand with your back against a wall
- Slowly lower down into a deep squat, with your knees bent and feet stable on the ground
- Hold for 15 seconds
Booty Banded lunge
- Repeat the steps for booty banded lunge
- Repeat the steps for the wall sit – hold for 10 seconds this time
These quick leg day exercises work your calves.
- Standing with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Place a band under the arch of your feet, holding each end of the band in your hands
- Pull the band tight
- Stand with feet flat on the floor
- Slowly raise to standing on the balls of your feet
- Slowly lower to starting position and repeat for 20 reps
Lateral walk with a band on ankles
This workout is all about the glutes.
- Placing a booty band on your ankles
- Standing up straight, engage your core
- Lower into a squat
- Step your leg out to the left for 3 steps
- Step back to the right for 3 steps
- Repeat for 5 sets of 3 steps in each direction
Reverse lunge banded
These lunges work your calves, hamstrings, and quads. on leg day
- Place a band on your thighs
- Stand feet hip-width apart, step your right foot backward
- Bend your knees at 90 degrees with the back knee touching the ground
- Power the hips upwards, bringing your feet back together while standing
- Repeat, stepping the left foot backward
- Complete for 15 reps
Here you focus on abs, obliques, and hip flexors.
- Loop a booty band around the arch of your feet
- Lying flat on your back, raise your legs into the air
- Place your hands behind your ears
- Twist your torso to the left while pulling your right knee back to touch your elbow
- Twist to the right, touching your elbow to your left knee
- This completes one rep
- Repeat for 20 reps
Banded reverse lunge
- Repeat the steps above for the banded reverse lunge
Circus, Circus workout
Do 10 sets of 15 – 20 reps of each exercise.
This exercise works your glutes.
- Start standing straight, place a booty band around your thighs
- Stand feet hip-width apart, keeping your core engaged
- Lower into a deep squat, rise to standing
- Repeat for 15 reps
Romanian Deadlift – Kettlebells
Works your hamstrings, glutes, and abductors.
- Standing with feet slightly apart, bend the knee
- Hinge over at the hips
- Lower your body forward and return to standing
- Repeat for 10 reps
Sumo Squat walk
This exercise works your quads, hamstrings, glutes, and inner thighs.
- Place your booty band above your knees
- With feet shoulder-width apart, lower into a light squat
- Keep your knees bent and walk forward in a squatting position for ten steps
- Walk back to starting position
- Repeat for another set of ten steps forward and back
Kettlebell swings work abs, glutes, hips, hamstrings, and lats.
- Place your kettlebell on the floor in front of you between your feet
- With slightly bent knees, hinge at your hips
- Grip your kettlebell, pulling it back between your legs
- Driving your hips forward and straighten your back, raising your kettlebell to shoulder height
- Allow the weight to return between your legs and repeat.
- Repeat for 10 reps
Glute Bridges work your glutes, lower back, abs, and hamstrings.
- Lie on your back flat on your mat
- Place a booty band on your thighs
- Bend your knees, drive your hip up, creating a 90-degree bend in your knees
- Squeeze your glutes together and hold this position for 20 seconds
- Lower your hips down and rest for 10 seconds
- Raise your hips again and hold for 15 seconds
- Slowly lower your hips and rest for 10 seconds
- Raise your hips again, holding for 10 seconds
- Lower your hips slowly
- Repeat for 1 more set of 3 holds
Bulgarian split squat
These killer squats work your quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, and calves.
- Lay your resistance band flat on the floor in front of you
- Step your foot on to the middle of the band
- Pull both ends of the band up, looping the ends onto your shoulders.
- Place the banded foot forward, firmly on the ground; knee bent at 90 degrees
- Place your left foot flat on a lowered chair behind you, drive your left knee down to touch the ground
- Raise up, straightening the right leg
- Repeat for 10 reps
- Repeat with your right leg forward
The possibilities are endless!
With a little time put into creating a plan to suit your leg needs, an at-home leg day is possible. The best fitness tip we have is to have fun, plan it out; the results are worth it.