Did you know that you look younger when you smile and that you will smile more often if you like your smile? Your smile is the first thing everyone will use to assess your personality. While people will associate beauty with an excellent smile, stains on your teeth or any form of discoloration will force you to hide your smile because you are embarrassed. Smile Makeovers in Midtown at 286 Madison Dental boast various restorative dentistry procedures that will restore the beauty of your smile’s appearance. Thanks to the treatment options, you will boost your confidence and improve your general oral health and experience the benefits of teeth whitening and crown lengthening.
Some of the restorative dentistry procedures you are likely to have include:
Once you discolor or stain your teeth, brushing alone cannot eliminate the effects and restore your teeth’s glow. Most common teeth discoloration causes include aging, smoking, certain medications, and beverages like coffee. Teeth whitening will enhance your smile, which improves your oral and general appearance. Apart from the aesthetic benefits, tooth whitening has several other benefits. They include:
- Boosts your self-esteem and confidence. The procedure removes persistent stains from your teeth, brightening your smile. After your dentist is through with the procedure, you will feel more confident and less embarrassed about your smile. You will no longer have to smile while covering your mouth or smiling with a shut mouth to hide your teeth.
- It is the most efficient and needle-free procedure. Everyone associates white teeth with beauty and youth. There is no using needles throughout the procedure, meaning that you can relax if you are the type that freaks out with pricks. Unlike other cosmetic dentistry options like dentures, you will not need prior preparations.
- Teeth whitening management is easy. After the treatment, your doctor will advise you on how to take care of your teeth at home to ensure your pearly whites remain bright.
- Improving your oral health. Teeth whitening results in an improvement in your oral health care. After the procedure, you will have the motivation to take good care of your teeth.
Excess gum tissue adversely affects your smile. Though your teeth could be healthy, an increase in the gum tissue will make them appear relatively small, resulting in a gummy smile. Such a smile will make you feel less confident about it and you will always try to hide the smile. Apart from fixing your gummy smile, crown lengthening has various other benefits like:
- Reducing your risks for tooth decay. High gums will prevent you from brushing some parts of your teeth. As a result, bacteria will build-up and reach up to your low-lying gums.
- Saving your tooth. If you damage your natural crown, your dentist can save your tooth with a dental crown.
- Supporting a crown or filling. Your doctor will find it impossible to insert a filling if there is too much tissue on his way.
- Paving the way for an extraction. Your doctor may need to remove excess gum tissue to make the extraction process safe and efficient.
Nothing makes you want to cover your teeth behind your hand when you smile or talk like a set of unhealthy teeth. Make an appointment with dental experts today and learn more about other smile-enhancing dental procedures.