Drooping eyelids could be a source of discomfort as it is a sign of aging and it could reduce your self-esteem. Fortunately, there are many ways of reversing wrinkles and drooping eyelids. You could consult Bensalem eyelid surgery experts who will guide you on the best procedures to reverse the drooping eyelids. Blepharoplasty is a procedure that could tuck your eyelids through reconstructive surgery procedures. First, you should know if the procedure is suitable for you, know other complementary procedures at your disposal and find a certified doctor to conduct the procedure
Is Blepharoplasty Suitable For You?
Blepharoplasty could help tuck excess skin on the eyelids that cause drooping eyelids and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. The procedure is a common reconstructive procedure that could help build a positive self-image, but you should be in good health to get the procedure done. If puffy eyelids are hereditary, it could help to get the procedure at a young age since most individuals get it during the mid-life stage when they are predisposed to other medical conditions. Some conditions such as diabetes and heart disease could prevent you from getting the procedure since you could be at the risk of developing other complications. You would be a candidate for the procedure if the condition has led to poor vision due to blocking of the eyesight by the drooping eyelids.
How the Procedure Reduces Wrinkling and Drooping EyeLids
Your surgeon could remove the excess skin, fat, and muscles from the upper and lower eyelids reducing swelling and puffiness. They could also reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles which lead to sagging skin through the procedure. The surgeon could make incisions along the lash line and use fine sutures that reduce the appearance of scars and fine lines. Although the procedure might not tighten the skin, it helps reduce puffiness and excess fat and the removal of excess skin could make the eyelids appear appealing.
Other Options That Could Give You Better Results
You could incorporate other complementary procedures that help enhance the procedure such as:
- Laser resurfacing and chemical peeling that helps restore the original appearance of the eyelids. Laser therapy could help minimize the appearance of fine lines and a forehead lift could correct sagging skin and improve the positioning of the eyebrows.
- Botox could help restore the original shape of the eyelids and thus make the blepharoplasty procedures successful.
What to Expect When You Visit Your Blepharoplasty Surgeon
- You should provide your blepharoplasty surgeon with the history of your eyelids, any previous surgical procedures, medical conditions, and herbal supplements taken.
- It could help to inform them about any eye conditions such as dry eyes, the use of eyeglasses and contact lenses before the procedure
- You can allow the blepharoplasty surgeon to conduct a physical exam and discuss with them any risks and complications associated with the procedure.
The bottom line
Drooping eyelids could lower your self-esteem, fortunately, there are many ways of dealing with the condition. For instance, you could opt for blepharoplasty to remove excess fat, sagging skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines. You should consult your blepharoplasty surgeon first to determine if the procedure is suitable for you and to discuss any risk associated with the procedure.