Loss of hair is common to many people, and it may occur as you age. Some diseases may also make you suffer from hair loss. Hair restoration is a medical service that effectively restores your lost hair caused by balding or thinning. However, even if you undergo hair restoration, it cannot prevent you from future hair loss. Most people undergoing hair transplants do it for cosmetic purposes and constructive reasons. Dr. Martin Maag in Lakewood Ranch is a medical specialist who does hair restoration. Below are the types of hair transplants you can undergo.
The two main hair restoration types
Hair restoration is done by removing hair follicles from the back or sides of your head and implanting them in those areas with less hair. However, your entire head may be suffering from hair loss, calling for other body parts to be donors. These types of hair restoration include;
· Follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS). The specialist removes part of hair from a donor and closes the incision with stitches. Before the hair is attached to your desired area, the surgeon separates the donor skin into tiny units called follicles using a microscope.
· Follicular unit extraction (FUE). A punch tool is used to remove follicles from the donor areas. Hair follicles are transplanted to the desired areas through scarring. Scars left after surgery are unnoticeable since they are tiny and cover with hair.
These two methods of hair restoration produce excellent results. However, in some cases, they can have a different impact if done, buy a non-qualified doctor. Several of your body parts can act as hair donors during the transplanting process.
Alternative hair donor areas during the hair restoration process
The most considered donors are parts of the head with thicker hair. The surgeon may consider the back of your head or sides of the head as your donor area, but they may suffer hair loss too. Chest and chin may act as a donor during hair implanting. Research shows that hair from the mentioned parts is the best during the implant. However, getting hair from the chin or upper body consumes a lot of time, and hence, it requires a qualified surgeon to do it.
How to prepare for hair restoration
Visiting your doctor several times before undergoing hair restoration creates confidence and surelity of the procedures. The surgeon gives you directives to prepare for the surgery. Preparation suggested for you by your physician include;
· Stop taking any mineral supplements or multivitamins for two weeks before surgery.
· You may undergo blood and ECG tests if your age is above 45.
· You may be prescribed some medication depending on the degree of your hair loss.
· Don’t have a haircut before surgery. This precaution ensures that the hair donor area has sufficient hair for implanting.
· Do not consume alcohol three days before surgery.
Having a hair transplant is essential for your cosmetic purposes. It is vital to follow your doctors’ advice for you to have successful hair restoration. Choosing the best surgeon gives you a chance to explore and enjoy better services. Experienced physicians found at Honest Hair Restoration center performs safe and successful hair restorations.