Sleep is crucial to your health. Poor sleep quality will significantly impact your day-to-day life and make it difficult to perform routine functions and responsibilities.
If you feel your sleep is lacking in quality, your mattress may be to blame. You spend several hours each day in bed, and you rely on your mattress to provide a good night’s sleep. If your mattress is old or you are sleeping on the wrong mattress, your sleep and health will suffer.
Health risks of a lack of sleep
Sleep keeps your body going efficiently. In recent years, doctors and scientists have discovered the importance of sleep for your overall health. Most adults should get six to seven hours of quality sleep each night to maintain their health, mood, and balance.
Benefits of sleep:
- Lowered risk of cancer due to reduced melatonin levels
- Healthier heart with seven to nine hours of sleep each night
- Reduced risk of stroke
- Reduced stress levels
- Reduced inflammation
- Increased alertness
- Improved memory Increased brain function
- Lowered risk of depression
- Natural healthy for repairing damaged cells
Risks of poor sleep quality:
- Memory issues and trouble thinking clearly
- Frequent mood changes
- Increased risk of anxiety and depression
- Difficulting concentrating during the day
- Increased risk of accidents
- Lowered immunity, increased risk of illness and disease
- High blood pressure
- Increased risk of diabetes
- Weight gain
- Increased risk of heart disease
- Poor balance
As you can see, the impact of sleep on your health are expansive. If you notice yourself becoming tired throughout the day, having a hard time focusing, or getting sick more frequently, a lack of sleep could be the cause. And if you lack quality sleep, your mattress is a likely culprit. Read this awesome guide to sleep at sleepingden
How your mattress affects your sleep
There are many ways your mattress can improve or reduce your sleep quality. Whether you have an old mattress or one that is just not right for you, you could be at a higher risk for health issues. Understand the impact your mattress has on your sleep and keep reading for possible solutions.
Your mattress can:
- Aggravate your allergies and keep you up at night if it is trapping dust mites or other allergens
- Cause frequent tossing and turning if pressure is not evenly distributed in certain spots
- Shift your spine out of alignment or cause significant and debilitating back pain
- Make you dread going to bed and start avoiding sleep
- Cause you to stay awake later at night and oversleep in the morning
The right mattress, however, will significantly improve your quality of sleep and your overall health. If your mattress correctly supports your body, it will ensure your spine is in proper alignment and prevent back and joint pain.
A great mattress will cradle your body in place to minimize movement waves that wake you or your partner from sleep. More extended periods of uninterrupted sleep are better for your health. A mattress that is not too cushy can make it easier to breathe and prevent snoring.
How to solve mattress-related sleep issues
If your mattress is keeping you up at night or making you uncomfortable, it may be time to replace it. There are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a new mattress or searching for a solution to improve your current mattress. Prioritize your health and make corrections to your mattress for a better quality of sleep.
- Test mattresses out in stores for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Find a mattress that reduces pressure points and help you avoid rolling over frequently in the night. The amount of pressure placed on your nerves is closely related to the firmness of your mattress.
- If you suffer from back or neck pain, you should look for a mattress that is not too firm or too soft. A medium-firm mattress should properly support your body and keep your spine in alignment.
- An adjustable mattress can help reduce snoring and other health issues. If you need to raise your head during sleep for any reason, you should research adjustable mattress options.
For people with chronic or seasonal allergies, a hypoallergenic mattress can prevent your allergies from waking you up. These materials do not trap dust mites, dirt, and other allergens.
If you are not interested in purchasing a new mattress, add a slipcover to your current product. This item can help block allergens from reaching your mattress and reduce disruptions to your sleep caused by allergies. Also, a inofia mattress topper can adjust the firmness of your bed and extend the life of your mattress. Mattress toppers protect you from germs, offer a cooling sensation, and increase the comfort of your bed. They can also help relieve pressure on your back and reduce pain in your spine caused by a poor mattress.
There is no need to suffer from poor sleep any longer. Your health depends on you taking care of yourself and improving the quality of your sleep. For the best results, purchase a new mattress that is hypoallergenic and the proper firmness. If you want to extend the life of your current bed, consider a mattress topper and slipcover for a comfortable, short-term fix. You can purchase high-quality hybrid mattresses, memory foam mattress, and mattress toppers from Inofia.com to improve your quality of sleep.