The colder months may be upon us but our friends at Steve & Dan’s Fresh BC Fruit have beautiful, fresh fruit available all year long. Best of all – you can have it delivered straight to your door when you order from their online market! Not only do they still have an assortment of fresh fruit for you to enjoy, they will also be selling their berries frozen throughout the winter. There’s no need to stop enjoying fresh, local fruit just because the summer is over!
There are so many ways to enjoy their fruit, other than the obvious choice of eating it as-is (which is equally delicious). Here are just a couple yummy ideas to try:
- Dip apples in a mixture of greek yogurt, honey, cinnamon, and nut butter.
- Mix berries into your salad dressing.
- Cook into a sauce to put on top of protein pancakes.
- Add frozen berries to a smoothie.
- Top a slice of fresh bread with cheese and a sauteed pear.
Does anyone else love fall baking as much as we do? If you want to step it up a notch from the ideas above, we have listed some amazing recipes with fresh fruit for you to try. Loreto and Nicoletta from SugarLoveSpices, loyal customers of Steve & Dan’s, have created so many beautiful recipes with their fruit for you to recreate. Here are some of our favourites:
- Petite Peach Ginger Streusel Pies
- Torta Bertolina Italian Grape Cake
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies
- Blackberry Ricotta Sbriciolata
- Dutch Apple Tart
- Dairy-Free Blackberry Peach Muffins
- Peach White Chocolate Scones
- Blueberry Rhubarb Yogurt Muffins
- Peach Yogurt Cake
- Rustic Pear Hazelnut Vegan Galette
- Salted Butter Spiced Apple Brioche Rolls
- Pear Bacon Taleggio Tartine
Steve & Dan’s fresh fruit will be available at two markets year-round – Bountiful Farmers’ Market and Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market. If you can’t make it to a market, you can shop their fruit along with various other local vendors on their online market. Delivery is available on orders over $50 for regions within and around Edmonton.