The winter months can be long and cold, and it is more important than ever to take care of our health. The essential role food plays is obvious – healthy food provides us with the nutrients and energy to grow and develop, learn and think, and lead active and healthy lives.
Our food intake is directly connected to our body and mental and social health, as particular foods contain nutrients such as protein, vitamins, minerals, fats, and carbohydrates that are necessary for our physical and mental growth.
Our friends at Steve & Dan’s Fresh BC Fruit have fresh, local fruit available all year long. Adding fruit into your diet is an excellent way to boost your health. Some of their nutritious produce includes:
- Kiwi: Their kiwis have more vitamin C than an orange and are high in vitamin K, E, and folate.
- Apples: Steve & Dan’s carry a large variety of apples, including Pink Lady, Honey Crisp, Gala, Aurora, and Ambrosia. Apples contain calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium.
- D’Anjou Pears: They are high in vitamin C and contain a ton of antioxidants in their skin, which work to fight free radicals in the body.
- Frozen Raspberries: Raspberries have a compound called raspberry ketone that has been shown to increase metabolism in our fat cells. They are also an outstanding source of phytonutrients.
- Frozen Strawberries: These strawberry packs are incredibly high in vitamin C, fiber, potassium, magnesium, and antioxidants.
There are also a number of fantastic restaurants / shops around the city that use Steve & Dan’s products. Want to treat yourself to some equally delicious and nutritious food? Here are our recommendations:
Steve & Dan’s products are available at two markets year-round – Bountiful Farmers’ Market and Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market. If you aren’t comfortable visiting a market in person, you can shop their online market instead.
Find Us On Social Media