As the weather starts to warm up, it’s the perfect opportunity to get outside, breathe some fresh air, and have some fun. For all your fun in the sun activities, we recommend adding some fruit from our friends at Steve & Dan’s Fresh BC Fruit. Until their full line-up of summer fruit arrives, you can still enjoy their frozen fruit packs! They sell frozen raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Here are a few of our favourite ways to incorporate their frozen fruit into your outdoor activities, like a backyard BBQ or a picnic:
Fruit Punch (Regular or Spiked)
- Add frozen fruit to your favourite lemonade or limeade. To make sangria, add frozen fruit to your favourite wine and top with seltzer.
Frozen Fruit Bellini (Regular or Spiked)
- Blend together frozen fruit, ice, Prosecco, and sugar. For a virgin option, replace the Prosecco with Steve & Dan’s sparkling juice.
Mixed Berry Sorbet
- Puree frozen fruit in a blender with orange juice (for sorbet) or fat-free milk (for sherbet). Freeze until firm and then puree again just before serving.
- Simmer frozen fruit with a little ketchup, dijon mustard, liquid smoke, worcestershire, reduced-sodium soy sauce, ground cumin, and chili powder. Add chicken broth if desired and reduce the mixture until it reaches a barbeque sauce consistency.
- Puree thawed in a blender with fresh lemon or lime juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, and fresh herbs (such as parsley and basil).
- Combine thawed frozen berries with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, water, honey or maple syrup, and salt and pepper to taste. Strain if desired.
Steve & Dan’s products are available at two markets year-round – Bountiful Farmers’ Market and Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market. Want even more fresh fruit? Steve & Dan’s recently announced the launch of their weekly Community Supported Agriculture fruit box starting this summer. Check out their social media below for more information!