It’s that time of year where backpacks are full and lunch kits are prepped for back to school. This year, it continues to be important to keep our immune system in top shape as we start the hustle and bustle of life again.
Our friends at Steve & Dan’s Fresh BC Fruit have fresh, local fruit available all year long. Adding fruit into your diet is an excellent way to boost your health. Some of their nutritious produce includes:
- Apples: Steve & Dan’s carry a large variety of apples, which contain calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium.
- Grapes: An outstanding source of phytonutrients and a great way to replenish electrolytes after a strenuous workout.
- Plums: They contain over 15 different vitamins and minerals, in addition to fiber and antioxidants.
- Nectarines: The ascorbic acid in nectarines fights infection and repairs cartilage and bones, making them ideal for athletes.
- Peaches: Peaches are high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They also contain beneficial plant compounds like antioxidants, which can help protect your body from aging and disease.
- Blueberries: Blueberries have the highest antioxidant levels of commonly consumed fruit, along with blackberries and raspberries.
- Raspberries: Raspberries have a compound called raspberry ketone that has been shown to increase metabolism in our fat cells.
- Strawberries: They are incredibly high in vitamin C – a great immune booster. As well as fiber, potassium, magnesium, and antioxidants.
Want to make eating fruits and veggies more fun for kids? Try out these easy lunch ideas! Our quick trick to incorporating more fruits and veggies into your diet is by making a smoothie. Fast and easy and you can drink it on the go.