Regular exercise is one of the proven ways to keep your body strong and healthy. Ask any health practitioner, and you’ll get the same answer – exercise, mixed with a healthy diet and ample rest, can help prevent the development of certain diseases.
If you’re not allowed to leave your home due to some reasons, fortunately, it’s still possible to get your daily workout dose without visiting the gym.
Daily physical activity and exercise are beneficial to your overall health. Here are the ways your body and mind will remain strong by incorporating exercise into your daily routine:
- Weight management: Obesity is a health condition that can lead to cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and other deadly illnesses. Whether your goal is to maintain your ideal weight or lose some pounds for your overall health, you shouldn’t forget to incorporate daily exercise into your schedule.
- Boost your strength: Daily physical exercise is vital in keeping muscles and bones healthy. Exercising every day will help reduce your risk of osteoporosis and muscle degeneration.
- Mood enhancer: Exercise increases the production of endorphins in the body – chemicals known to reduce pain receptors and improve a person’s mood. It doesn’t matter whether you’re doing yoga or a high-intensity workout – when your body is moving, you’re going to have a better mood.
- Improved brain health: Because exercise helps improve the flow of blood to the brain, you’ll enjoy better mental health and prowess. Daily light exercise is crucial, especially for aging adults, since physical activity helps promote brain cell growth.
- Increased longevity: No one has discovered the fountain of youth, but incorporating exercise into your daily schedule helps you stay healthy throughout the years. Lack of physical activity increases the risk of chronic diseases and illnesses, such as heart problems, diabetes, and cancer.
It’s never too late to reap the benefits of daily exercise. However, it’s essential to check with your doctor before starting any workout regimen.
Now that it’s clearer how exercise benefits your body and mind, you should know that different products can help you make your workouts better. However, keep in mind that not all
supplements are safe for the body. If you want to steer clear from harmful chemicals and man- made concoctions, it’s best to use natural products, like CBD.
CBD and Exercise: How It Works In Your Body During Workouts
There are many natural supplements in the market, but it’s crucial to choose one that has holistic
benefits like CBD oil full spectrum tinctures, extracts, and other products. With the increased
popularity of CBD-related products, it can be challenging to choose the right product for your needs.
Here’s a quick explanation on the differences between a full-spectrum CBD, broad-spectrum CBD, and CBD isolate:
- Full-spectrum CBD: This contains the most active strains of cannabinoids and terpenes. Even if you’re reaping the full benefits of cannabis, full-spectrum CBD is non- psychoactive (doesn’t make you “high”).
People who prefer to use CBD in its most natural form should opt for the full-spectrum variant.
- CBD isolate: This is CBD in powder or crystalline form. It contains high amounts of cannabidiol but does not contain THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). THC is the psychoactive compound responsible for the high sensation in marijuana.
People who prefer a potent CBD product that comes in a versatile form should select isolates.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: This is best described as a hybrid of CBD isolate and full- spectrum CBD. It contains active phytochemicals except for THC.
People who want to receive the full benefits of cannabis but want to remain THC-free should use the broad-spectrum variant.
Interested in using CBD to boost your workout regimen? The following explanations on how CBD works in your body during exercise will convince you to start including it in your fitness program:
1. Boosts Stamina and Energy
Like many people, you may have been very excited to start your workout regimen – until you wake up one day feeling tired and sluggish. Other people feel a lack of energy mid-workout. While it’s understandable to feel exercise fatigue once in a while, missing consecutive sessions will make it more challenging to meet your fitness goals.
Here’s how CBD can help boost your stamina and energy:
- Lack of stamina may be a result of inadequate rest and sleep. CBD helps relax the body, so you enjoy quality sleep night after night, with regular use. Consider taking CBD before going to bed so you’re at your best when you wake up in the morning.
- The endocannabinoid system, with the help of CBD, generates the so-called “runner’s high” or the anandamide rush. CBD helps your body and mind function in harmony so that you can have the energy to push yourself to achieve your workout goals.
- Maintaining a healthy blood sugar level is another benefit of working out with CBD because it boosts your stamina. Taking CBD regularly helps regulate cortisol levels, which is also responsible for the body’s blood sugar level. If your blood sugar level is controlled, the body produces less insulin and prevents the body from storing fat.
2. Better Mood and Focus
A workout session or a sports performance can be easily ruined by a foul mood, or worse, by a panic attack. It’s not surprising for people to feel nervous or agitated about the idea of exercising, especially when the goal is to lose weight or strengthen the body for an upcoming competition.
The pressure to achieve results can make anyone a nervous wreck. Fortunately, this is where CBD oil can help. Cannabis has been known to help alleviate negative feelings, improving focus and mood.
Many people around the world take CBD for its mental health benefits. CBD helps activate serotonin receptors, which assist in reducing anxiety and depression, resulting in a better mood, aiding in better workout performance.
Here’s how CBD helps you achieve a better mood and focus:
- Athletes are likely to suffer from performance anxiety, which can prevent them from working out for the upcoming event. The calming properties of CBD are suitable for relaxing the body and mind, helping sportspeople relax and focus on preparing well for the game.
- Cortisol levels tend to increase during a high-intensity workout. This may seem ironic because of cortisol (a.k.a. the stress hormone) prevents the building of muscle tissue and reduces bone density. It can also cause blood pressure to rise.
CBD helps stabilize the production of cortisol while exercising so you can achieve your fitness goals faster.
3. Reduced Muscle Pain and Inflammation
Physical pain is one of the factors that can stop anyone from working out. Even if you exercise regularly, you’re not spared from muscle pain and inflammation. If not managed properly, it can deter you from pushing yourself to your limits. While there’s an abundance of over-the-counter pain relievers available, these medications can have adverse side effects due to prolonged use.
NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) are useful for short-term pain relief. But, taking them over the long term can result in dependency. CBD is a safe and natural alternative to NSAIDs. Many people use it to manage chronic pain without worrying about intoxication or the side effects that may occur in using other pain medications.
Here’s how CBD reduces muscle pain and inflammation:
- The anti-inflammatory properties and pain-relieving qualities of CBD help alleviate muscle soreness and fatigue through topical application or oral route. Speedy muscle recovery is essential to ensure that you do not stop your exercise routine mid-workout.
- NSAIDs can cause stomach pain and ulcers, heartburn, allergic reactions, kidney and liver problems, and more. CBD helps relieves pain during and after exercise so that you can quickly and safely bounce back from muscle inflammation and stress.
4. Increased Muscle Building
As discussed earlier, higher levels of cortisol are released when working out, which will impair the body’s tissue-building capacity. Cortisol is a catabolic hormone that can cause muscle tissue breakdown.
If you’re working out regularly to build muscle, you’ll want to reduce the production of cortisol. Despite rigorous workout routines, you can fail to achieve your desired muscle tone unless excessive cortisol production is prevented.
Cortisol is also crucial for detoxifying the body from toxins. It also helps enhance short-term memory and vital for keeping blood sugar at normal levels. In other words, cortisol is an essential hormone in the body, but too much can deter you from maximizing the benefits of your workouts.
Here’s how CBD helps manage your cortisol levels:
- The negative effect of cortisol on muscle building can be managed effectively through CBD use. The adrenal gland produces most of the cortisol hormone in the morning and decreases towards the evening. It is, therefore, recommended using CBD during your workout sessions to help stabilize cortisol levels.
Working out with CBD provides users several benefits that are great for maximizing the results of their daily fitness regimen.
When you’re feeling anxious, tired, or overwhelmed by your exercise plan, CBD can help. If you’re an athlete looking to boost your sports performance or improve muscle tone, a daily dose of CBD can make a whole world of difference.
However, even regular folks benefit from supplementing with CBD daily to maximize the effects of their workout regimen. Whether you’re planning to take it before your workout or while you’re exercising, keep in mind that the quality of CBD oil matters.