A good night’s sleep is crucial to health and fitness. This goal can be attained by sleeping on the right mattress. Is it possible to gain weight because of a poorly designed and constructed mattress or not choosing the appropriate mattress for you?
Below are some ways how the best online mattresses can help a person stay fit and healthy.
Promotes Better Sleep Quality
According to statistics, about 18 percent of adults in the United States get less than six hours of sleep, which is equal to about 53 million short sleepers at risk of developing obesity. Based on statistical evidence, higher body mass index (BMI) and inadequate sleep are interrelated, which are higher among children and adolescents.
The best mattresses include the best features that are applicable to different types of sleepers. Getting adequate and better sleep quality is linked to losing more inches around your waistline.
Short sleepers or people who don’t get quality, and the right number of sleep hours tend to have higher BMI because the body’s natural hormonal balances are disrupted. In return, it could lead to overeating.
Great Mattresses Avoid Overeating
As mentioned above, your mattress is making you gain weight because a poor quality mattress may lead to overeating. The quality of sleep regulates the balanced production of leptin, which is a hormone that signals the body when the person is full, thus suppressing appetite. Also, it regulates ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates the appetite. Getting adequate sleep will suppress appetite or decrease the production of ghrelin. But, lack of sleep can lead to increased hunger and overeating.
You can also avoid overeating by exercising and making sure that you eat a balanced diet that will supply you with the energy you need throughout the day. In that way, unwanted cravings, most especially before bedtime, are prevented, which can lead to overeating and weight gain.
Choosing the Best Mattress Avoids Back Pain
Back pain can result in a poor quality of sleep. That’s why it’s important to choose the right mattress to avoid this condition. If your mattress already exceeded its lifespan or already shows signs of sagging or deterioration, it’s better to replace your old mattress with a new one to avoid chronic back pain and sleep disruption.
Of course, if you suffer from back pain, you’ll likely have problems performing your tasks the next morning, such as exercising. How would you complete your routines if you have sore or aching muscles and joints?
Don’t allow a bad mattress to ruin your best performance. Choose the best mattress to avoid back and body pains brought about by sleeping in an old and sagging mattress.
Here are some tips and tricks when choosing the best mattress to avoid back pain:
- Check online customer reviews about the best mattress for back pain if you’re planning to buy one online. This way, you’ll have an idea of the right mattress for you. It’ll also avoid the daunting process of returning a bad mattress.
- When choosing the right mattress for your back pain, you have to consider the layer thickness, materials, and firmness. These factors will depend on your sleep style, body weight, and preferences.
- Select a memory foam mattress that’s made of plant-based material in order to avoid overheating and harmful chemicals. The memory foam mattress is one of the best types of mattresses for back pain relief since it provides the most cushioning and contouring.
This means that this mattress type molds and adapts to the shape of your body. It allows your shoulders and hips to sink while your waist and feet remain atop the mattress.
- If you want a firmer mattress than a softer one, a latex mattress is a good choice. Latex relieves pain because it molds the body to some degree. As compared to memory foam, latex is more responsive, keeping you lifted and making you feel “on top of the bed” and not sinking.
- If you like the bounciness featured by an innerspring mattress and the comfort and pain-relief provided by foam layers, choose a hybrid mattress.
Hybrid or high-quality hybrid mattresses combine zoned pocketed coils and pressure-relieving foam layers for a more responsive and cushioning bed.
The Best Mattresses Avoid Tossing and Turning
As previously mentioned, getting more sleep equates to proper weight management. That’s why choosing the best mattress that promotes proper spine support, and support on the neck and lower back will keep your sleep without frequent tossing and turning.
You can also disturb your partner if you frequently toss and turn, leading to poor sleep and frustration to both of you.
Sleep soundly by choosing the best type of mattress for you. Along with proper diet and exercise, you’ll manage your weight more effectively, avoiding weight gain.
Replacing your old mattress with a new one that provides good body support will help promote a better quality of sleep, which means normal hormonal balance and avoid overeating.