Sexual dysfunction results from psychological or physical limitations that prevent you or your partner from being sexually satisfied. Sexual dysfunction affects men more than women, and it affects people of all ages, but the problem is more common with increasing age. Treatment of the condition can help men achieve their sexual functioning, look for a men’s sexual health in Palm Beach who specializes in sexual dysfunction treatments.
How Different Types of Sexual Dysfunction Affect Men
1. Ejaculation disorder
Problems with ejaculation disorders include:
- Premature ejaculation that occurs soon or before penetration.
- They inhibited or delayed ejaculations, which take a long time or do not happen.
- Retrograde ejaculations, this happens during orgasm, and the ejaculation is forced back through the bladder instead of the penis.
Causes of ejaculation disorders
- Temporary depression and low confidence
- Unresolved issues with your sexual partner
- History of sexual repression
- Breakdown of serotonin an anti-depression drug and other medications
- Chronic long-term health problems and surgery
For more detailed information about how this disorder can be treated, visit Numan for options. Go to website
2. Erectile dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction results in failure to keep an erection before and during sexual intercourse, the condition is prevalent and is caused by:
- Nerve disorders and injury on the penis
- Diseases that affect the flow of blood to the penis
- Chronic illnesses such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Anxiety to perform, unresolved issues, stress, and depression
- Unhealthy eating habits like smoking and drinking too much alcohol and lack of exercise.
3. Low libido
Low libido is the decreased desire to have sex, and this condition is very common and is related to hormonal changes and chronic diseases. Low sexual desire is caused by:
- Low levels of testosterone male hormone that controls the sexual desires, sperm production, growth of hair, bone, and muscles.
- Depression, anxiety and relationship issues
- Chronic diseases such as diabetes, certain medications like antidepressants.
Treating Sexual Dysfunction in Men
The success of the treatment of sexual dysfunction in men depends on the underlying issues, which could be physical or psychological. Treatments include medications, sexual therapy, mechanical aids, and behavioral counseling.
Medications can help improve sexual dysfunction, and this includes the male hormonal drugs that regulate testosterone. Some of the medications that increase blood flow and improve male libido include avanafil, vardenafil, sildenafil, and tadalafil.
Penile implants can help with issues such as erectile dysfunction, and an implant can help you maintain achieve and maintain an erection during intercourse.
A sex therapist can help you address primary issues such as anxiety related to sexual performance. It is worth seeing a therapist that can help you understand your sexual life and improve on building a sexual relationship with your partner. A therapist might also help deal with personal trauma from past sexual experiences.
The behavioral treatments involve sexual techniques with insights on harmful behaviors such as self-stimulation. Education on sexual behaviors can help you overcome your fears and anxieties that lead to sexual dysfunction. Moreover, a change in behavior that involves having an open conversation with your sexual partner might help you achieve normal sexual function.
Do not let sexual dysfunction embarrass you; most people will develop sexual problems in their lives, but how they handle it determines how they overcome the issues. Some of the sexual issues men face include erectile dysfunction, ejaculation disorders, and low libido. These sexual issues can be treated with medication, behavioral therapy, and sexual education. Talk with a men’s sexual health expert who will guide you on ways to overcome issues that arise from sexual dysfunction.