We’ve all had those moments where life just seems a little blah. And sometimes you can pinpoint why you’re feeling this way, and others, you’re at a loss for why you’re feeling this way. Whether you’re experiencing a “funk” of sorts or just feel like you can get more out of life, there are some things you can do to spice up your routine and feel recharged and ready to take on the world!
Mix up your routine
Sometimes a simple change in your daily routine can do the trick when you’re hitting a bit of a plateau. Do you normally work out after work? Try getting your fitness on in the morning this week instead! Or maybe you’re not feeling totally inspired by your fitness routine in general—why not give a new yoga studio or fitness class a try?
Learn more about yourself
Even though we spend 24 hours a day and 7 days a week with ourselves, sometimes we can still feel a little disconnected from our feelings. And it happens more often than you might think! But how do you get more in touch with yourself when you’re already spending the whole day together?
Here are a few things you can do to reconnect with yourself:
- Capture your aura: Did you know there’s a way to actually see how others see you? That’s right. Using a kirlian camera, you can take a picture of the energy you express to others. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, try searching for kirlian cameras for sale or rent in your area and give it a try!
- Talk to others: This one might seem counterintuitive, but talking to someone else can actually really help you get a better sense of how you process things, and most important of all—give you a chance to air out your feelings. Talk to a therapist, your best friend, or your partner, and you’ll surely feel better.
- Start journaling: If you’re not ready to talk to someone else about your feelings, start with journaling! Sometimes writing out what your thinking can give you a chance to organize your thoughts before you express them out loud to someone else.
Make a career change
While your career shouldn’t be your everything, it certainly does impact your well-being on a daily basis. If you’re not feeling valued at your current job, or maybe you’re ready to take on some more responsibility, then go for it! Even if a new position seems a little out of reach, you’ll never know until you try. So get that resume fine-tuned and get ready to take this job hunt head-on.
Spend some time outdoors
There’s no better place to do some self-reflection and reconnection than in the great outdoors. In fact, being in nature has been scientifically proven to improve people’s health and happiness. According to a study done at the University of Derby, people that had a connection to nature experienced improved moods, lower cognitive anxiety, and a stronger sense of life satisfaction in general.
So next time you’re feeling anxious or in a bad mood, try one of these outdoor activities:
- Hiking: Find hikes in your area using an app like AllTrails to help you discover local trails of in different ability levels.
- Meditating: Need a moment of quiet? Take a few minutes to slow down and meditate outside. Embrace the fresh air, sounds of birds chirping, and we promise you’ll feel all the more refreshed and recharged!
- Camping: If you and your friends are tired of the same old routine of going out on the weekends, propose a weekend camping trip instead! And if you can’t gather the group to rough it out in the wilderness, opt for a glamping trip instead, This way, you can rent out a renovated trailer or teepee for the whole group to enjoy. It’ll be a fun change of pace, and you and your pals will cherish the opportunity to share a new experience together.
- Intramural Sports: Spend some time outside doing something active! Find an adult sports team in your area for a chance to try something different and maybe even make a few new friends!
Do something that challenges you
Have a fear of heights? Go skydiving! Always wanted to run a marathon but couldn’t commit? Sign up! Want to take a big trip? Book a ticket to Bhutan! Whether it’s something big or small, doing something that requires some hard work and out of the box thinking is refreshing. It’s these opportunities that help us grow, so don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone in the name of personal development.
When you’re in a rut, it can feel like you’ll never regain touch with yourself again. But follow these tips and you’ll surely feel your signature spice for life in no time!