Do you struggle to find time for the gym? Do you feel your exercise program is limited to machines, bands, cables and dumbbells? If so, have a read below. I have created a bodyweight only workout program that can be done in your bedroom, basement, hotel room or outside in the comfort of your backyard.
This mobile mini circuit will have you activating your core, make you move side to side, up and down, and strengthen your body head to toe. Let us make 2019 about your health and fitness, save this workout to bring with you, complete it anytime and anywhere.
Go ahead give it a try. Start on exercise 1 and work your way down to 6, completing the exercises in circuit fashion one after the other to get your heart rate up and get a good sweat going. You can moderate your speed and intensity to make the circuit harder or easier depending on how you feel. Be sure to time your rest upon completion of the circuit and prepare for the next round of fun!
- 3 Point Lunges -3/leg (standing tall to start, you will start on either your left or right leg, stepping back into a reverse lunge, forward lunge and side lunge, then repeat on that leg 3 times before moving on to the next leg)
- Prone W Pulldowns -10 (lying prone/face down on the floor, arms extended overhead, palms facing one another, you will imitate a pullup, pulling your elbows towards your butt, elevating your chest, squeezing down through your lats, keep your core engaged as not to over arch your back)
- Glute Bridge w/ Walkout -10 (lying supine/on your back with your knees bent and feet flat to start, perform a glute bridge, hips to ceiling, flex your butt, core engaged, step each foot out once to balance from your heels keeping your bum off the floor, core still engaged, walk your feet back in and drop your bum to the floor/start position)
- Low Plank Alternating Reach -8/side (from low plank position on your elbows, you will reach/lift your opposite arm and leg off the floor, alternating sides, returning to a low plank position between each rep)
- Single Leg Toe Touch/Squat -10/leg (from a standing position you will balance on one leg, reaching opposite arm to toe, squatting down on one leg, then return to standing while maintaining balance)
- Lateral Skater Jump to Single Leg Burpee -5/leg (you will perform a lateral skater jump, moving left to right and right to left, when you start on your left foot and jump lateral to balance on your right foot, you will then get your hands to the floor to hop back into a single leg burpee on your right foot, from there jumping back up to your starting position to repeat your lateral skater jump right to left, where you will burpee on your left leg)
*3-4 Rounds of this circuit with 1.5 to 2 minutes rest at the end of each round*
Chris Sharkey – Owner/Head Trainer – Shark Bodies Fitness
For more workout tips and personalized training programs, check out Personal Trainer in Arlington, VA. Eric Leader can help develop a program that will work for you.