Fitness is not only a state of body, but also a state of mind. So not being able to go to a fitness center is really frustrating. Fortunately, if your favorite gym is closed during the pandemic, or you flew on vacation far from your personal coach, you can switch to full-fledged online training.
With the development of Internet services, you can go in for sports in a comfortable environment, at home, on vacation or anywhere else according to an individual program. Workouts are not limited to anything, but involve strength and cardio loads with minimal equipment. Internet trainers will not disregard complex elements, they will advise on nutrition and workout intensity.
On the Internet, you can find dozens of videos from qualified instructors, where the features and rules for performing various physical exercises are clearly described. Moreover, bloggers are actively sharing their secrets of a sports body with subscribers, and application developers offer a wide variety of programs that can replace the advice of a coach.
Thus, online fitness makes sport closer and more accessible. However, it is worth figuring out whether it can become a permanent solution for you personally. Maybe there are still some things that make a visit to the fitness room more preferable.
Pros of online fitness
To begin with, let us note a number of indisputable advantages of this approach.
- Wide choice of programs and instructors. The online format does not limit the possibilities, so if you have not found a suitable course in your city, you can always contact specialists from other organizations from all over the world.
- Low prices. Since distance classes involve a minimum of expenses for the coach, the cost for the client will be lower than the price for offline training.
- Flexible schedule. Since there is no binding to a specific gym, you can practice at a convenient time for yourself.
- Home atmosphere. Many people do not go to sports centers because they feel uncomfortable, and at home they feel more confident.
- Independence from quarantine. If the gym will be closed due to COVID, you don’t need to pause your classes, you can simply train at home.
Cons of online fitness
Of course, like any technique, sport classes using internet technologies have their drawbacks.
- Self-discipline. Any remote form of activity is based on the fact that the person is interested in completing the task. Therefore, if some can do it on their own, then for others the lack of outside control is a reason to relax. However, this is a great option to be more disciplined if you are really interested.
- Less coach control. It is important to understand that with online classes, even the most responsible coach will not be able to notice any minor flaws in the exercise. With personal communication, he will have more opportunities to track the client. Therefore, it is extremely important to discuss in detail your health, level of physical shape and other issues before starting classes.
- Lack of live communication with other group members. Quite often, people visit fitness centers because they want live communication with people who are equally interested in sports. Online classes cannot provide such live communication in full.
- A place to practice. To practice effectively you have to have an isolated room. Not everyone has the ability to hide from children and other family members or pets. It is not uncommon to have to interrupt classes in order to answer questions or pay attention to those who are nearby.
Online services in other areas
The coronavirus and quarantine have changed the world, not only in the fitness field. Many other types of activities have moved partially or completely into the online space. Now there are more online stores, food delivery services and even online livecasinos. Everything related to sports, food, shopping and entertainment is easy to find on the Internet. Just fill in the information in the search bar for the type of activity that interests you and enjoy the opening opportunities!