At some point you have probably experienced that annoying elbow pain when pouring up your morning coffee or when you spend most of your day on your phone texting your group chat.
This elbow pain is often caused by repetitive movements such as typing, gardening, golfing, or working with tools, just to name a few.
The repetitive nature or these tasks leads to an over-use of the tendons of the forearm. This creates inflammation of the tendon and can make most gripping and fine motor movements quite painful. These injuries are typically diagnosed as either medial epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow), or lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow). Golfer’s elbow is caused by flexor muscle tightness, while tennis elbow is caused by extensor muscle tightness.
This pain can be easily eliminated or fully prevented with a simple daily mobility routine. Follow the simple routine of “smash and stretch”! This will help you decrease muscle tightness and improve range of motion. We then add some specific strengthening to increase endurance and ensure that the pain doesn’t come back!
Follow this simple exercise program to optimize your elbow and ensure you can do anything you want without worrying about elbow pain and weakness!
- Lacrosse ball myofascial smash
- Wrist extensor stretch + wrist flexor stretch
- Eccentric (negative) strengthening
- Functional kettlebell carry
17317 105 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5S 1H2
O2 – A VIRTUAL PHYSIOTHERAPY PLATFORM THAT BRINGS US TO YOU!
This online platform is safe, secure, and an easy way for us to connect remotely!
- Extended Health Benefits (Private Pay) – check with your provider to ensure they pre-approve virtual treatments
- WCB Injuries – Approved for virtual physiotherapy if a claim is otherwise approved
- MVA (Motor Vehicle Accident) Treatments – must be pre-approved by your adjuster, please contact them to confirm prior to booking
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A thorough history of what is currently going on with your injury and physical exam via video conference
- Mobility exercises for elbow pain and more, stretching, stability exercises, and functional strengthening
- Detailed home exercise program emailed after each session
- An open line of communication via email following your appointment
- Approximately 20 minutes of video conferencing
ALL YOU NEED
- An internet connection
- A webcam (phone/computer/tablet)
- Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox