The sun is shining, farmer’s markets are bustling, and there’s no better time to get your hands on some delicious fruit. Adding berries into your meals has so many health benefits – and well they just taste great! Our friends at Steve & Dan’s Fresh B.C. Fruit have an online market for you to purchase a variety of fresh, local produce and even have it delivered to your front door!
If you’re not already convinced (though I’m sure you are), here are a few reasons berries are awesome:
- They can be enjoyed all year long. Steve & Dan’s freezes their berries so you can still enjoy them in the winter months!
- They are incredibly versatile. You can enjoy fresh berries for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Add them on top of greek yogurt, toss some into a salad, or make a fruity banana ice cream for dessert. The are endless options of berry recipes!
- They are the perfect snack for the whole family. Looking for something fun to do this summer? Head to a farmer’s market and grab some fresh goodies, load them into your picnic basket, and find a quiet spot to relax and enjoy.
- They have many health benefits. Berries are full of antioxidants and contain several vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C and manganese. Berries also have strong anti-inflammatory properties, are heart-healthy food, and can help lower cholesterol levels. Let’s not forget they’re also high in fiber, which helps slow down movement of food through your digestive tract, increasing feelings of fullness and making weight management easier.
- They suit most diet plans. Berries are low-carb friendly so people on low-carb or ketogenic diets can still enjoy them in moderation. Berries are also low in calories, making them ideal to incorporate into your meals to help with weight loss.
Find a farmer’s market near you to purchase your fresh berries from Steve & Dan’s Fresh B.C. Fruit or visit their online market. While you’re there be sure to browse the other great products from local vendors including snacks, meats, jams, and sweets.