For many people, organic foods are just a fad and unnecessary expense. This, however, couldn’t be farther from the truth. Organic foods are not only healthier but more nutrient-dense than many other foods on the market today. It is for this reason and many more that they are a bit more expensive than other foods. You can stock up on these foods at a natural health store. Outlined below are some of the benefits of organic foods.
1. Genetically modified foods/organisms are all over. Organic foods are considerably more nutritious and safer for human consumption than GMOs. Health experts have linked GMOs to intestinal damage, Alzheimer’s, cancer, allergies, infertility, and other health conditions. Scientists still have no clue what these GMOs do to the human body. That said, you are much safer consuming organic foods and not GMOs.
2. Organic foods are pesticide-free. Organic foods are produced naturally with very little to no pesticides or other chemicals used during the growing process. GMO fruits and vegetables, on the other hand, are treated with tons of pesticides, which manifest in the foods themselves. This farther produces new threats to your health and body in general.
3. Organic foods are more nutrient-dense. According to research, organically grown vegetables and fruits are more nutrient-dense than GMOs in the same class. These foods are thus rich in full-spectrum chromium, iron, vitamins, antioxidants, magnesium, and other vital minerals. Consuming organic foods is, therefore good for your health.
4. They are good for the environment. Only organic pesticides and manure is used in organic farming. This is unlike in-organic farming, where pesticides and all manner of chemicals are used to control plant growth. Such chemicals seep through the soil, making it more acidic, with the substances finding their way into waterways around.
5. They are tastier. Organic foods aren’t covered with pesticides or modified genetically in any way. This thus means they get to produce the natural, delicious nature. Organic foods are thus more gratifying and tastier when compared to GMOs.
These are just a few benefits and reasons why you should start focusing on organic foods alone. Doing so could save you your health and money in the long run.