You can exercise and eat healthy food, but sometimes the lean physique you’re looking for can only be corrected by surgery. Most often women think about tummy tuck surgery after pregnancy and childbirth. People, who have lost weight dramatically, also often seek help from a plastic surgeon. A smaller portion of patients who resort to a tummy tuck procedure are elderly people, as with aging muscles and skin loses elasticity.
Thus, abdominoplasty is an operation during which excess skin and subcutaneous fat in the abdominal area are removed, and the abdominal muscles are tightened. It should be understood that this is a quite serious and difficult intervention that requires long-term rehabilitation. According to recent studies, many patients choose Turkish hospitals for successful tummy tuck recovery. The number of tummy tuck surgeries in Turkey has increased rapidly during the last 5 years thanks to the high qualification of surgeons and modern equipment.
Types of abdominoplasty
Due to the fact that the level of performing tummy tuck surgery in Turkey is high, you can choose any of the existing types of surgeries. There are several options that will make unnecessary tucks disappear:
- Mini-abdominoplasty is the least traumatic surgery for your tummy. A surgeon makes a short incision in the bikini area and cuts a small area of skin. This operation is suitable for patients with sagging skin and excess subcutaneous fat only in the lower abdomen.
- Classic abdominoplasty is operation during which a surgeon not only performs liposuction and tightens the skin, but also sutures muscles of the abdominal wall. It’s a more complicated operation, and the scars after it are larger.
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty. This type of plastic surgery involves only suturing muscles, without affecting the skin. The operation is done through small incisions, which reduces the size of the postoperative scars.
- Laser liposuction is an effective method to eliminate excess deposits of subcutaneous fatty tissue in the abdominal area with the help of modern laser equipment. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia and lasts no longer than 2 hours. The recovery period typically takes 2-3 days.
The advantages of these operations include getting rid of your complexes and toning your midsection. However, do not forget about the disadvantages, such as high prices, possible health risks and the recovery period after surgery. There’s a lot to consider as far as tummy tuck recovery takes time, but all of it is attainable and manageable.
Indications and contraindications for abdominal plastic surgery
If you have gained a few extra pounds, that’s no reason to undergo surgery immediately. In most cases, you can restore the beauty of the abdomen with more sparing and cost-effective methods, like sports or cosmetological procedures. Nevertheless, in some cases abdominoplasty may be the only possible solution. This operation is indicated at:
- Excess fat deposits, which cannot be eliminated by conservative methods.
- Need for aesthetic correction of rough postoperative scars.
- A poor effect from sports and diet.
- In case of excess skin arising after childbirth or severe weight loss.
Since abdominoplasty is a difficult operation which is performed under the general anesthesia, it has certain contraindications:
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Blood diseases.
How to find the best clinic for tummy surgery
Today the leader in the quality of plastic surgery is Turkey. In this country, you can not only find the best clinics for tummy tuck surgery in Turkey, but also relax on the beach. In order to find the best abdominal surgeon in Turkey, it is better to contact Booking Health.
The company has been working in the field of medical tourism for the decades. Specialists from Booking Health will give you advice on the best Turkish hospitals and surgeons, available aesthetic procedures, measures for the postoperative rehabilitation. With the help of Booking Health advisors, you can reduce time in the waiting list and cost for medical and related services. In addition, your personal travel manager will be in touch with you 24/7 during staying in the hospital.