If you have been seeking a dentist in Emerson, you have probably come across the term “family dentistry.” But what does this term mean? Is there any difference between this practice and general dentistry? What services can you expect from family dentistry in Emerson?
At Emerson Dental Arts, we want our clients to be well-versed about the services we provide and what we do. Here is some useful information regarding family dentistry.
What is Family Dentistry?
Family dentistry is the comprehensive, preventive, and general treatment of dental problems for people of all ages. Not every general dentist is a family dentist. A family dentist has some training in working with children. That means family dentists are intended to assist you in addressing your dental problems, and those of your kids, at all stages of life.
A family dentist understands that the dental needs of children are different from those of adults, and they have the right skills to offer specialized care to ensure that the oral health needs of your children are met.
One of the primary benefits of family dentistry is that a single dentist can deal with all your dental problems from infancy until your adulthood. A family dentist understands the changes that happen in the mouth of your child at every stage of life, and they have the right training to offer a gentle and caring approach to treatment. Family dentists at Emerson Dental Arts want to ensure that your children always have a positive experience whenever they visit our clinic for an appointment.
What to Expect at Emerson Dental Arts Family Dentistry Services
Most family dentists provide services related to preventive dentistry and oral hygiene, although some might also provide cosmetic dentistry, oral surgery like dental implants, and orthodontia. Some of our services include:
· Gum disease treatment: Gum disease is a common problem in adults. So, our family dentists utilize procedures like antibiotics, gum flap surgery, and deep cleanings to deal with gum disease and gingivitis.
· Orthodontics: Our family dentists provide orthodontic assessments.
· Cavity Checkup and Filling: Cavities are among the most common preventable dental problem among children. Our family dentists assist in identifying and treating cavities using fillings.
· Dental sealants and fluoride treatments: Dental sealants and fluoride are used to prevent cavities and are usually utilized in children who are a high risk of getting cavities.
· Routine mouth exams and cleanings: Routine teeth examinations and cleanings are essential as they allow your dentist to screen your dental health and that of your children.
We also provide other additional family dentistry services like cosmetic treatments, but these are the most common.
Regardless of the age of our patients, we work to provide healthy and happy smiles. Whether you are dealing with missing or chipped teeth or are in pain or are seeking a new family dentist for routine dental care, we can establish a personalized treatment plan to get you on track with your family’s oral health. Our friendly staff will ensure you are comfortable and will earn your trust. We take your family’s dental health seriously and provide only the most current dental services to assist you in attaining optimal oral health and the perfect smile you have always wanted.