Investing in a professional makeup chair is essential for any beauty professional, especially if you have a studio or working on a set. You spend long hours standing up, which means you need to make sure you’re working in a comfortable position. If your client is sitting on a poor-quality chair, the height may not be appropriately adjusted, affecting your posture as you work.
Before you spend your hard-earned money on a cheap makeup chair, think about this: Will you benefit from it in the long term? Will your clients feel more comfortable? Will you get your money’s worth? Answering these questions will help you realize that a professional makeup artist chair will give you more bang for your buck than a cheaper alternative.
Ahead, we came up with a simple guide to help you choose the right makeup chair for your business.
Determine your needs
Do you want a makeup chair that’s portable, adjustable, and lightweight? Does it need to have a headrest? Listing down the specifications you need can help narrow down your choices, making it easier for you to make your purchase.
Make comfort a priority
With the average professional makeup application lasting approximately 45 minutes, both the client and makeup artist need to take their comfort and physical health in mind. The wrong makeup chair can cause you or your client back and neck problems, muscle strain, and other forms of physical stress.
Here are some factors to consider:
Your makeup chair needs to be stable so that the person sitting is safe, comfortable, and stationary. Make sure the legs have a flat base and aren’t wobbly.
Having an adjustable headrest is perfect for customizing the comfort level for your client. A pro tip is placing a lumbar pillow on the chair for back support and added comfort.
Makeup artists need a portable chair that could adjust to their desired height. This feature protects the artist’s back while allowing them to work comfortably at eye level.
Why headrests are important
A professional makeup chair is just as crucial as your brushes, lighting, and other tools. It assures a good experience for the client as they sit comfortably without needing to adjust constantly. When your client is seated at a good angle, you can apply makeup with ease, create better contouring angles, and so on. The right makeup artist chair can help improve your work and give your client a flawless makeup look.
Additionally, an ergonomic chair provides better posture and alleviates any pressure on different body parts like your shoulders, neck, and back.
We gathered these brands we think you’ll like, featuring the best professional makeup chairs from their collection.
- Lumina Pro’s professional makeup artist chair is designed to provide professional make-up artists with the greatest level of comfort and functionality. The goal is to protect the health of the makeup artist’s back while allowing them to work with their customer at eye level.
- The professional makeup chair from Cantoni has a dual-height chair in black lacquered wood. It has a removable, reclining, and adjustable headrest. These features allow the makeup artist to work in an upright position, protecting the health of their back and maximizing the quality of their work.
- Inglot’s professional makeup chair with backrest, footrest, and headrest provides comfort while creating makeup. This equipment is ideal for beauty salons, film sets, and makeup rooms.
- Beauty Needs offers portable makeup chairs with a headrest for long make-up sessions. They’re lightweight, stable, and handy (5kg for the chair and 2kg for the headrest). The chair is made from micro-perforated fabric and is easily washable with anti-slip and footrest.
- Professional makeup chairs with headrests from Beautyfor UK are easy to install and operate. The chair is also foldable, portable, and lightweight, enabling the makeup artist to carry it without any additional help or effort.
Take your time when buying
We can’t stress enough how important it is to value quality over quantity, especially when it comes to makeup equipment. There’s no need to rush if you’re out shopping for a makeup chair.
You want a professional makeup chair that works just as hard as you do and will not give you any physical discomfort. You will also be doing your client a favor because you’re looking after their well-being, all while getting their makeup done. So, take all the time you need!